Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back to Amman

Please pardon the delayed post. I have just returned to Jordan from my 2 week trip to my home in Ohio. I spent my two weeks hanging out with my family, visiting friends and generally trying to relax. Here are a few things about the United States that I forgot how much I enjoyed (in no particular order):

- Hot showers (hot water in general) on demand
- Driving
- The regulated and quiet flow of traffic
- Sleeping without the squawking of the birds in the Bird Garden
- SNOW.
- Grocery stores with every possible food item you could want
- Wal-mart
- Patterson's Cafe in Oxford
- American coffee
- The toaster in my house
- NPR
- My family (obviously)
- The clothes dryer in my house
- My friends (obviously)
- Real loaves of bread!
- Lines that people wait in

Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at home. I wish it could have been longer but I took what I could get and I am glad that I did. Now that I'm back, I will begin classes again this week. Level 4 here I come! I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of Arabic. Two weeks off couldn't have been good for my language skills... I guess we'll see!

Oh and now that I have an awesome camera (thank you, Jonah) you can expect a few more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. with a few exceptions (snow/bread), these sound very familiar. hope you had a great time at home!

    ReplyDelete