Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brunch with Tom the Journalist

I first met Tom at the "breakfast for dinner" iftar. Tom has been living in Amman for about two years working as a freelance journalist. When we first met, I mentioned to him about how much I would miss American breakfast. He recommended a couple of restaurants that serve good American-style breakfast. So, Friday morning (the first day of the weekend), I got an invitation from Tom to meet him at Crumz in Abdoun for breakfast. Why not? I could use a good breakfast. Shadea and Betsy both agreed to check it out with me so we set out to meet Tom. As promised, the menu at Crumz included a variety of familiar options such as pancakes, waffles, omelets, bagels, and hash browns and so on. I ordered blueberry pancakes- I couldn't resist. As we enjoyed our breakfast, Tom imparted on us some interesting stories and valuable advice. As it turns out, Tom will be moving to Kabul, Afghanistan in a few weeks to continue his career as a journalist. He has clearly been in Amman long enough that he has become well connected in the ex-patriot community. In my book- he is good person to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment